1. Introduction to Corona War Strategy
We are at war with an enemy named corona virus who crosses our national and state borders like the fast wind that cannot be stopped.
- 1.This war strategy document proposes a single co-ordinated war strategy by Central and State Governments, Administrative Officers, Defence personnel, Hospital Administrators, Doctors, Software Programmers, Educational Institution Administrators, Students across any discipline of any age group, general public and volunteers from the state of Kerala and outside Kerala.
- 2.Our Goal is to defend the state from attack of the corona virus by protecting our medical system by avoiding an overload of patients.
- 3.Till we develop an offensive weapon (vaccine) against the enemy, we are forced to use a defensive strategy to slowdown the virus spread.
- 5.If 165 lakh people rush to hospitals which have only 1,60, 676 hospital beds (of which 80% are usually occupied) mostly, then our healthcare system will crash due to overload within a matter of days.
- 6.We have to prevent that situation and come together as one team to defend the state's health care system.
- 7.If we dont defend our health care system, people may die on hospital beds and doctors will have to choose which patient lives or dies in a ventilator.
- 8.If our healthcare system collapses, then everyone in the state will loose the war.
- 9.Kerala has to prevent a breach in our healthcare system that protects health of our citizens and keep our best hospitals as sacred ground that cant be used for treating mild cases.
- 10.Once Kerala sets a model that to stop the spread of Corona Virus, it will stop the panic in the minds of people.
- 11.A single and well co-ordinated war strategy that is executed on the ground through the Corona Literacy Mission and Corona Care Centers will create the Kerala model of defence against the virus.
- 12.The Kerala model can then be quickly replicated by other states in India and elsewhere to stop the virus.